Saturday, January 1, 2011

Half Way Out


Half Way Out
Originally uploaded by ninniane

Fifty-two / Fifty-two 12.25.10 - 12.31.10

I chose this photo as the final one of the year because it expresses to me what life ought to be all about. Light in the darkness. Warmth in the cold. The last week of the year is always bittersweet for me. There are so many things I look back on with joy and pleasure - things I've accomplished, friends I've made, moments of awe and inspiration that have found me. At the same time, there are always moments of doubt, of fear, and of anger; moments that might feel better if forgotten, but in forgetting, I think I lose something precious. So I strive to remember the good moments, and the bad, to take both in stride, and to remember, as The Doctor says, we're, "...half way out of the dark."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this picture...and your thoughts on it.