Monday, January 10, 2011

Making Progress

I finally set up my Etsy store! You can find it here:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/SharshineJewels

This is remarkable only because I've had a store name reserved on the site since 2009, but never posted any items until this past weekend. I spent a couple hours on Saturday setting up my information and uploading three items. One is a necklace I made, and the other two are photographs that are available as prints. I'm finding the process of uploading item photos to be the most frustrating part of the process. Images have to be under 2mb each, and I, using my good camera, mostly have photos that are 3mb - 5mb in size. I think my next project in Etsy-land is to resize all the good photos I have and re-take a bunch of the ones I'm not happy with. My goal this year is to sell one item. I know that seems small, considering that it's only the second week of the month, but I've never thought of my crafting as a job. I just happen to make things that I think other people will find cool or interesting or beautiful. If I can sell one thing, then I'll feel as though I've made something worthy of my audience, and that will be a very nice feeling indeed.

No comments: