Saturday, January 29, 2011

Saucification

There is a livejournal community which I really enjoy called Saucy Dwellings, which toy can find here: http://community.livejournal.com/saucydwellings/

I am often inspired by the posts here, and occasionally I jump in and add to the open posting thread, and today I added these few photos:

My Corner
This corner of the dining room is one I'm finally happy with. The fan was purchased at Civil War Days at Naperville Settlement, the artwork is a postcard I purchased at the Getty Museum in LA, and the other is the front of a card I received several years ago. The Moses statue and the Winged Victory statue came from my grandmother's house, and the bronze man is my wife's. The candleholder came from my parents, and the photo is of my other grandmother and me out at lunch a few years ago.

Beauty of Dreams
I just purchased this piece today at a shop called Persona, which is just north of the Music Box theater on Southport Ave. in Chicago, and now it's living in my first floor bathroom.

Rubbing Print
More art from my grandmother's house, now hanging over my sofa. This isn't the permanent home of this, I don't think, but I like it here for now.

Don Drumm Trivet
My parents have a trivet like this, which I've always loved. This Christmas they gave me one of my own.

I am excited to keep saucifying my house!

No comments: