Thursday, April 21, 2011

Last Day

Today is my last day in Boston, and it has come too soon in some ways, and not soon enough in others. I miss my house - my gardens, my pets, and my craft work are waiting for me to come back to them. I've got papers to grade and lessons to prepare for teaching days next week. It's weird to think that I have to go back to school on Monday. This is "testing week", which means that there will be a practice test, plus two days of exams, plus the seniors have one of their events, which I'm helping to chaperone. It'll be a busy week, but I won't have a lot of days of classes.

Today's romp was along Newbury St. in Boston, and a little bit around whatever they call their version of Little Italy here. I was hoping to score some really good finds at The Closet on Newbury St., but the two items I tried on didn't work out. The jacket I liked looked much better on the rack than it did on me (pity, really, it was Armani black label), and the skirt I tried on didn't fit. I did end up getting a couple things from another store - a lovely green pashama scarf and a not-teal-but-not-mint-green colored hoodie that says "Boston Massachusetts" on it. I'd hoped to have more time to poke around, but between the wind and the lack of public washrooms, coming back to where I'm staying and relaxing for a bit before dinner sounded like a good idea.

And now, it is time for that dinner!

No comments: