Friday, April 29, 2011

Is Saying "TGIF" Too Cliche?

Usually Fridays aren't super-special for me. Weekends are nice, but teaching is a career where weekends aren't actually time off. They are time to grade papers and plan lessons, and maybe get a few extra hours of sleep, but there's always something work-related to be done. This weekend, there is not. Not really, anyway. I've got to plan for next week, and write up an assignment for a paper my students are supposed to be working on, but other than that, I've very little to do, and it's a lovely feeling. I've been in crafter-mode for most of the last week, and I want to keep going with that. Plus, this weekend is Beltane, and I want to be free to celebrate. I bought a new altar cloth a few days ago, and I am going to make some time on Sunday to have a fire in the evening.

The sun is finally shining, and I feel so much more energized than I have in a while. I want to open all the windows in my house and let SPRING in. I want to clean things! The office needs my attention, and the garden is waiting. I've got so many small things to work on, and still a big craft project that I want to put together. Also, I want to go antiquing. This probably won't happen, since A) I don't need anything, and B) no one here will go with me, but it's still a nice thought. I like looking at old, pretty things, and imagining new lives for them. The only thing I can think of that I could claim to need are bookshelves, and maybe a new desk for the office. The old one is in pretty sad condition, but replacing it needs to be negotiated. Perhaps I will go bookshelf-hunting...

1 comment:

Etoile deCartier said...

I've been back reading your blog and just got to this post. Jane and Grandma and I love to go antiquing. We really should plan a time to do that together. It would be fun to take you down to Wayne and Holmes County and show you all the "home sights" (or sites) and check out some antique stores... Never know what you might find!