Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I'd Rather Be Gardening

The days before spring break always seem so interminably long. It's wearying to be sitting in a classroom watching the light move across the sky outside, while I am surrounded by papers and books, and am as distracted by thoughts of vacation as my students are. Even the most hardened and studious of academics would have a difficult time ignoring the allure of blue skies and 60-degree days.

Yesterday I taught two classes outside, and tomorrow I'll do the same. It helps somewhat, though I'd rather be gardening than overseeing my students' activities. At least we can all get some light and some fresh air.

2 comments:

Heron said...

Gardens are good. So are books.
Keeping them in balance is the art of life.

Ninniane said...

Add a glass of wine and a little time for cuddles, and life is good. =)