Monday, March 7, 2011

New Altar, New Beginnings, New Action, New Power

I set up another new altar today, making a total of three in the house. Now we (Is it we? I don't know. I'm wondering about that.), or at least I, have one one each floor. My goal is, eventually, to have one small sacred space in every room of the house. They will each have their function, a purpose that goes along with the room they are in. The one in the office is dedicated to joyful work, stability, and money. The one in the basement is all about foundations and grounding. And the one I just set up in the bedroom is actually more of a meditation space with a very clean, simple feeling to it. I have my staff and my sword standing there, and a white pillar candle on a black holder, two empty silver-colored dishes which will eventually hold salt and water, and my new deck of Medicine Cards and the book that goes with them. That's all. It's very simple, and I like it that way. The wall above the altar is probably going to get decorated very elaborately, but I don't want to rush in to hanging things. I want to take my time and make some careful decisions about what really should go up there. I've been wanting an altar upstairs for the longest time; I'm glad I finally got around to making this one work.

No comments: