Monday, May 2, 2011

New Month, New Technique (and Happy Beltane!)

As part of my ongoing creative endeavors, I sometimes (often, really) hit a wall or get bored with one style of crafting and have to go find something else to do. Over the years I've tried my hand at making beaded jewelry, doing wirework, making glass beads, photography, digital photo editing, scrapbooking, and various paper crafts. Most recently, I've become interested in ATC's, or Artist Trading Cards. The idea behind ATC's is that they are a 2.5" x 3.5" card, created as a tiny piece of art, intended to be exchanged with another ATC-maker's card. They are not supposed to be sold, only given away. I made my very first ATC yesterday, and even though it's not at awesome as some of the ones I've seen, I think it's reasonably good.

"Fleur" ATC #1
ATC - Fleur

"Honoring Tolkien" ATC #2 and "Honoring Keats" ATC #3
ATCs #2 and #3

In other news, Happy Beltane yesterday! I had a fire and reset my altar.
Beltane Altar 2011

No comments: