Sunday, May 22, 2011

Garden Work

I did another bundle of work in my garden this weekend.

Added two new containers to corners of the deck yesterday. This one contains Catchfly, petunias, and some other annual that I don't know the name of.
Catchfly Container

This one contains Japanese Blood Grass, petunias, and some other annual that I don't know the name of.
Blood Grass Container

I planted lavender in my front garden last fall, but it didn't do very well because it's too shady. Yesterday I rescued two of the three plants and put them in containers on my deck where they can get enough light.
Lavender in Pots

I took the not-so-happy plants out of the front garden and moved them, and put in a few new things. This is actually a shade garden, it gets about three hours of morning sun, so I hope my ferns are happy here.
Ghost Lady Fern

My lily-of-the-valley are blooming.
White Coral Bells

My Japanese peony flowered as well. It took three years.
Japanese Peony Flowering
Peony Flower 2Peony Flower 1

No comments: