Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Beltane

Today is one of those days that I'm longing for home. I miss my people, especially on holidays like this one. I keep wishing for excuses to have a ritual / party, but there isn't anyone here I know, other than a couple former students, who would be interested, and inviting former students over just seems weird. So it's a lonely Beltane. It's probably too wet to have a fire tonight anyway, but that's ok. I'm going to plant something in my garden when I go home - roots to roots - maybe that will help me feel a little more connected to what really matters.

1 comment:

Mom said...

It is odd. I was having the same experience of missing you on the holiday. Maybe these nights we need to Skype and sing and light candles together. We do not always need to be a witch alone.