Sunday, November 7, 2010

Ritual Pumpkins


Ritual Pumpkins
Originally uploaded by ninniane

Fourty-four/Fifty-two 10.29.10 - 11.04.10

My parents and my grandmother were in town this weekend for my show. It also happened to be Samhain weekend, so we carved pumpkins and held a small Samhain ritual. We burned the mourning wreath from Julia's funeral, I told the story of Persephone, we ate pomegranate seeds, and finally, we spoke our stories of who we had each carved our pumpkin for. Each one was carved to represent someone(s) who had passed away in the last year.

It was really nice to have my family here for ritual. It's not something I've gotten to do recently - it's been years since we were all in the same place for one of the sabbats.

1 comment:

Etoile deCartier said...

I loved being with you for Samhain ritual. I needed it and I think everyone there got a lot out of the experience. Thank you for making time and space for it.