Saturday, August 21, 2010

Cicada


Cicada
Originally uploaded by ninniane

Thirty-three/ Fifty-two 8.13.10 - 8.19.10

Sometimes it's the little things, like walking out the door and seeing a cicada or a new flower, that make a week worthwhile. This week has been odd. I'm eager to get back to teaching, and I have a lot of ideas about what I want to do with my classes and my classroom this school year, but I can't enact any of them until at least Tuesday of next week. I am not a patient person, and though I'm getting better at waiting for things to happen, I still would rather be doing something. So these small moments when I can stop planning and thinking are nice. Little, delicate moments that give me a chance to breathe and enjoy the beauty in the world have been few and far between this summer, and I cherish the ones I do have.

No comments: